JAMES SCHALLER DEATH LIFE MEANING IS WHAT TO YOU? SAFETY? RISK?
main page books and articles schaller health creed facebook testimonies search
menu main page what's new second opinion new patient meet doctor schaller location, travel

Improving Tick and Flea Infection Treatment

Never Start Two Drugs the Same Day Unless Dying

In many papers and books, authors present treatments that clearly suggest a set dose and a number of treatments starting the same day.

I have already written extensively that a tick or flea infection cluster, which might be from 10 bites over forty years, does not have a set dose in the real world with species variants, different species, and your unique body. However, I am frankly confused about another practice common in all areas of medicine--the practice of starting two treatments at the same time. By the way, raising a dose is considered a new treatment. Why do I not like the shotgun approach? Here is a sample of the reasons.

  1. You have a rash or allergic reaction—you have no idea which treatment caused it.
  2. You feel nothing. So you feel both drugs are a joke, but raising one treatment and then the other drug or herb two or three fold can gives a clear sensation that is not a side effect.
  3. You feel poorly and think it may be due to the effectiveness of the drugs. But it might be that one drug causes 90% of this sensation and should be lowered, and the other drug is merely killing at a 10% level—it is functionally useless. It needs to be changed or increased.


Bank Towers, Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL
disclaimer privacy